Re: [INTERFACES] psqlodbc

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: David Hartwig <daybee(at)bellatlantic(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] psqlodbc
Date: 1998-08-02 04:37:50
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> > OK, I've gotten a ways farther; here is the current status on the
> > ApplixWare->Postgres interface via iODBC using the Insight driver:
> In case your not aware, Byron is on vacation. He will be back on the
> 10th. He will assist you (if you need assistance) in getting driver
> working with Applix. when he returns.

Yes, Byron announced his vacation on the list, which was helpful. I'm
making progress (at least so far) in areas which aren't visible to Byron
since they involve Applix/iodbc/psqlodbc interactions (and are happening
on a Unix box rather than a Windows machine), but I am looking forward
to his advice when he returns.

Been copying him so he gets the hint when he gets back :)

Anyway, I'm going to try running the backend in full debug mode which
might give some clues. I hadn't considered the fact that the "broken
pipe" message might actually be a frontend/backend hangup rather than an
internal Applix/iodbc problem. So there may be some Postgres packet
debugging in our future :/

btw, we apparently missed the window to be included in the next Applix
release, but that shouldn't matter much; we can post the driver stuff on
the Postgres web site and the Applix mailing list can announce it.

Just hope we don't find any fundamental problems on the Applix side,
though we shouldn't since it apparently already works with MySQL.

- Tom