Re: [INTERFACES] "static" libraries?

From: Dallas Hockley <hockleyd(at)cybersoft(dot)ab(dot)ca>
To: Peter T Mount <peter(at)taer(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>
Cc: Jeffrey Napolitano <jnapoli(at)setech(dot)com>, Interface to PostgreSQL <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] "static" libraries?
Date: 1998-07-21 23:14:53
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Peter T Mount wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jul 1998, Jeffrey Napolitano wrote:

[BIG snip]

> > > The down side to this is that if a newer version of the driver is
> > > released, then you have to rebuild your application jar file.

There is another method that _may_ work, YMMV, as I haven't tried it in
this contect myself. There is a URL class loader, which can in essence
load the driver class from a jar file referenced by a URL and served up
by a web server on the network. It's not unlike loading the Driver
class locally, and you can then have a central distribution point (or
points) for the driver.

Just an idea...

Dallas Hockley
hockleyd(at)cybersoft(dot)ab(dot)ca