Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC JAVA interface

From: "Stephen Lombardo" <LombardoS(at)Mail(dot)Montclair(dot)edu>
To: "pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC JAVA interface
Date: 1998-07-16 23:41:27
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, Cyril Ferrand wrote:
>
> > Hello
> > Does anybody have written a Postgresql interface using jdbc? An applet of a
> > Application use AWT. I work on it, I would make selection and have graphical
> > result...
> > If someone have exemple, Thanks.

If you are asking for examples of how it would be possible to come up with a graphical
display of text queries I might be able to help you. I just came up with a java front
end for a postgresql database which includes a graphical display. Basically it is
pretty easy to use a canvas to display the results on, and using the result set meta
data you can calculate dynamically the spacing for different columns and rows. Using
this method you can also implement action listeners to allow highligting and popup
menus.... its very flexible. If you have questions send private e-mail to me and i
might be able to supply you with example code.