Re: Recent updates

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumnus(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Recent updates
Date: 1998-07-14 05:21:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> test=> select 4 union select 5 union all select null;
> ?column?
> --------
>
> ¼
>
> (3 rows)
>
> And the character randomly changes depending on the constant you use.
> Strange.

Well, this is just another symptom of a lost or uninitialized memory
area; I get

postgres=> select 4 union select 5 union all select null;
?column?
--------

(3 rows)

with apparently blank or null results.

I'll check on the "NULL UNION NULL" problem. Since there is _absolutely
no context_ to assign a type it's a bit strange...

- Tom