PostGRE SQL installation issues

From: Kesav(dot)Tadimeti(at)ubs(dot)com
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostGRE SQL installation issues
Date: 2004-08-30 14:38:01
Lists: pgsql-novice

hi all
I use FreeBSD 4.10. I downloaded the packages for PostGRE SQL (7.4.2), and installed the packages.
I also happened to see the messages "created user postgres" & "created group postgres".
Then executed the initdb and started the postgres server.
Now when I do a ps, postgres shows up.

How do I go about creating a sample database (does a preconfigured sample DB exist)?
regardless of whether I issue createdb or createuser, I get the error: user xxx not found.

Thanks for any help

Tk

Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com

for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please

arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore
of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If
verification is required please request a hard-copy version. This
related financial instruments.