heeeeeeeeeeeeelp meeeeeeeeeeee

From: "rony khoury" <rkhoury(at)apotres(dot)edu(dot)lb>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: heeeeeeeeeeeeelp meeeeeeeeeeee
Date: 1998-06-29 17:53:06
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Ok ,

Sorry guys , I'm so confused , but your answers helped me set things
more straight .

First I have redhat linux 5.0 running on my system , with it comes
postgresql I got these
to run fine on my system using psql as the interface .

I want to be able to access this database from html browsers , because I
have mutliple
platforms I need to work with , and I do not want to develop different
users interfaces .
taking into consideration that I do not want to worry now about www or
different platform
I will be satisfied If I can run the system on linux and localy without
going on the interenet .

Now I tried a two steps procedure to do so , first is to conect from C
to postgresql , and latter to
use C modules as cgi called from browsers .

I will take the problems I got one at a time ,
============ 1 ================
fist I need to conect it to c language , I tried the sample code that
came with postgresql
in my program with only the function exit_nicely , when I compile I get
the following
message

tmp/cca006421.o: In function `exit nicely'
tmp/cca006421.o(.text+0x8): undefined reference to `PQfinish'

how can I solve that ? should I send some parameters to the c compiler ?

second , I read many tutorials about cgi , and still could not find how
to pass a form from html
to c language after a submit , i know it is not adequate to ask here ,
but I'm verry verry verry low
on time . please reffer me on how to do that .

thanks a million ,
Rony .