jdbc, Dates, and JBuilder

From: Dallas Hockley <hockleyd(at)cybersurf(dot)net>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: jdbc, Dates, and JBuilder
Date: 1998-06-25 03:42:57
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Got a wee problem here, and I'm having a devil of a time locking it
down....

Using 6.3.1 Postgresql, with the accompanying jdbc driver, and using
Jbuilder 1.01 and 2.0, I am reading in a string, converting it to
a valid and correct sql.date, putting that into a DataRow instance
(Borland class) and committing the row to the database. The data is
correct in the data row as it prepares for the commit.

After insert, when the row is retrieved, the day is consistently 1 too
large. e.g. 04-14-1998 becomes 04-15-1998 after it's been committed via
the jdbc driver. What I'm not sure of is if it's the driver, the
database, the datarow class or some interface between two of them.

Has anyone experienced similar behaviour, or has anyone got a definitive
"it can't be ..... because.... "

I'd appreciate any assistance on this.

Thanks in advance,

Dallas Hockley