cursors and other dragons

From: Lendvary Gyorgy <gyurika(at)prolan(dot)hu>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: cursors and other dragons
Date: 1998-06-18 13:43:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear Postgres developers,

My problem is writing speed, when I want to update more rows in one
trnsaction. In ORACLE this can be solved by cursor or 'bind array'. Is
it possible to update changed data from cursor to the database. If not,
why not. Can you tell me other method for solving this problem? I have
already written a letter: 'Update by one transaction', but I haven't got
any useful answer.

Thank you for your help:
Gyorgy Lendvary (gyurika(at)prolan(dot)hu)