Re: Insertion to temp table deteriorating over time

From: "Steven Flatt" <steven(dot)flatt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Insertion to temp table deteriorating over time
Date: 2006-12-15 18:26:31
Lists: pgsql-performance

Good question, and I agree with your point.

Are the removable rows in pg_class even an issue? So what if 5000-6000 dead
tuples are generated every hour then vacuumed? Performance continues to
steadily decline over a few days time. Memory usage does not appear to be
bloating. Open file handles remain fairly fixed. Is there anything else I
can monitor (perhaps something to do with the odbc connection) that I could
potentially correlate with the degrading performance?

Steve