Re: [GENERAL] ODBC driver

From: David Hartwig <daveh(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: Peter Cordone <pcordone(at)ee(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] ODBC driver
Date: 1998-06-03 13:28:07
Lists: pgsql-general

ODBC Connection Checklist

ODBC Driver Data Source Checks
1.Valid and resolvable hostname.
2.Valid port number. (default is 5432)
3.Valid and existing database name.
4.Valid user name.
5.Valid password for the specified user. (Required iff
pg_hba.config is set to password authenticate your client.)
PostgreSQL Server Checks
1.Postmaster must be running.
2.Postmaster must run with the -i option to allow remote
connections.
3.The pg_hba.conf file in $PGPATH/data directory must be configured
to allow your remote host to connect.