ODBC driver

From: Peter Cordone <pcordone(at)ee(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC driver
Date: 1998-06-03 00:37:35
Lists: pgsql-general

I downloaded and installed the ODBC driver for Postgres. I have a linux
box on the network and the postgres server is running on it. I am
trying to connect to the sample database mydb from a Windows NT ver 4.0
machine though ODBC with C++ Builders BDE.

I get the following errors:

Unknown user name or password.

Failed to authenticate client as Postgres user 'pcordone' using <unknown
authentication type>: be_recvauth: unrecognized

message type: 65536

Alias: PostgreSQL

Can anyone help me?