Re: Possible typo/unclear comment in joinpath.c

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Cc: James Coleman <jtc331(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Possible typo/unclear comment in joinpath.c
Date: 2021-04-14 18:32:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com> writes:
>> It looks like a loose end from
>> commit edca44b1525b3d591263d032dc4fe500ea771e0e

> Yeah :-(. I'm usually pretty careful about grepping for comment
> references as well as code references to a field when I do something
> like that, but obviously I missed that step that time.

No, I take that back. There were no references to extra_lateral_rels
after that commit; these comments were added by 45be99f8c, about
six weeks later. The latter was a pretty large patch and had
presumably been under development for quite some time, so the comments
were probably accurate when written but didn't get updated.