NEW ODBC DRIVER v.0242

From: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Cc: Oliver Stegle <ostegle(at)fr(dot)infra(dot)net>
Subject: NEW ODBC DRIVER v.0242
Date: 1998-05-22 22:30:43
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

There is a new version (v.0242) of the odbc driver at our website.
http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc

Several bug fixes and some new features in this release.

You will notice that several fixes in this driver revolve around
cursors. I am currently looking into better support for scrollable
cursors.

The MFC CRecordSet class, for example, can use a snapshot or dynaset.
The dynaset is not supported currently by the driver because it does not
do keyset driven cursors. The snapshot should work, although I have not
tested it yet. I believe the snapshot would work with or without the
odbc cursor library in a read-only manner. However, with the cursor
library, snapshots should be updatable. A forward-only CRecordSet
should also work, although I have not tested that either. I dont know
about updating records though. Positioned updates, either SQL or with
SQLSetPos are not supported directly by the driver (but may work with
the odbc cursor library).

Does anyone use the MFC CRecordSet or any other builders (Visual Basic,
Borland, etc.) that use scrollable cursors like these? If anyone has
tested it or has any comments about it, please let me know.

I would also like to check the interest level of some missing
functionality in the odbc driver:

1. Bookmarks
2. Block cursors
3. Keyset-driven, Dynamic, or Mixed cursors
4. Positioned updates via SQLSetPos
5. <insert your favorite missing feature here>

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Byron

Attachment Content-Type Size
v06-30-0242.txt text/plain 3.4 KB