binary insert with JDBC

From: Sean Reilly <sreilly(at)cnri(dot)Reston(dot)Va(dot)US>
To: interfaces postgres <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: binary insert with JDBC
Date: 1998-05-11 22:08:45
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Can anyone tell me how to insert binary data into
a postgres table using JDBC? What type field should I use?
Most importantly, how do I create an SQL statement with
binary data? I thought this could be done with a
PreparedStatement and setBytes() but it doesn't seem to
be implemented in postgres.PreparedStatement. Is there
some way to encode the binary value into the SQL string
(like hex encoding or something)?

I looked through the docs but couldn't find anything
related to this, but it seems like it might be a common
problem.

Thanks,
Sean