Re: Set arbitrary GUC options during initdb

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Set arbitrary GUC options during initdb
Date: 2023-01-27 20:02:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
>>> Anyway, it seems like I gotta work harder. I'll produce a
>>> new patch.

The string-hacking was fully as tedious as I expected. However, the
output looks pretty nice, and this does have the advantage that the
pre-programmed substitutions become a lot more robust: they are no
longer dependent on the initdb code exactly matching what is in
postgresql.conf.sample.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
set-arbitrary-options-during-initdb-2.patch text/x-diff 22.8 KB