JDBC Error wtih 6.3

From: "Schlough, Mark" <Mark(dot)Schlough(at)nmb(dot)norwest(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org, java-linux-help(at)java(dot)blackdown(dot)org, petermount(at)earthling(dot)net, pmount(at)maidast(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk
Subject: JDBC Error wtih 6.3
Date: 1998-03-05 15:44:00
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

I just installed PostgreSQL 6.3 two days ago. After getting the
postmaster to run without getting the Memory errors that complain
about the IPC stuff, I tried to get my java application running
again.

I was using 6.2.1 and was able to get some of the database
functionality working. But when I run the SAME CODE with the 6.3
data
base I get an SQLException error. Connection Refused.

I am able to look at the database with the psql interface and
create a
table, when I run my java program to create a database I get the
"Connection Refused" stuff. I made sure that the postgresql.jar
files
were replaced with the 6.3 versions. No go.

Any advice about this situation. The "Java in a Nutshell" book
suggested looking to see if the port was "on" or "listening." I
know
that its configured to use port 5432 (the default), but I don't
have
any way of confirming that the port is listening.

Can anybody help?

Mark