Re: crashes due to setting max_parallel_workers=0

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Rushabh Lathia <rushabh(dot)lathia(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: crashes due to setting max_parallel_workers=0
Date: 2017-03-29 03:08:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 03/28/2017 11:07 AM, Rushabh Lathia wrote:

> I think we all agree that we should get rid of nreaders from the
> GatherMergeState and need to do some code re-factor. But if I
> understood correctly that Robert's concern was to do that re-factor
> as separate commit.

Maybe. It depends on how valuable it's to keep Gather and GatherMerge
similar - having nreaders in one and not the other seems a bit weird.
But maybe the refactoring would remove it from both nodes?

Also, it does not really solve the issue that we're using 'nreaders' or
'nworkers_launched' to access array with one extra element.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra http://www.2ndQuadrant.com