date stamp on update?

From: "blackwater dev" <blackwaterdev(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: date stamp on update?
Date: 2008-11-22 22:34:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there a datatype in postgres that will automatically update the date when
the row is updated? I know I can do a timestamp and set the default to
now() but once the row is inserted, and then edited, I want the column
updated without editing my application code or adding a trigger. Is this
possible with Postgres?

Thanks!