Re: [TLM] Re: batch insert/update

From: "blackwater dev" <blackwaterdev(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [TLM] Re: batch insert/update
Date: 2007-12-31 15:34:05
Lists: pgsql-general

I was also thinking about adding a 'is_new' column to the table which I
would flag as 0, then do a basic copy of all the new rows in with is_new at
1. I'd then do a delete statement to delete all the rows which are
duplicate and have a flag of 0 as the copy should leave me some with two
rows, one with is_new of 1 and some with 0. Just don't know if this would
be best.