Re: [INTERFACES] pgaccess fails to start

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: Larry Anderson <anderson(at)endinfosys(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] pgaccess fails to start
Date: 1998-03-03 16:55:56
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Larry Anderson wrote:

> Hi,
> I just built and installed Postgre SQL 6.3 and pgaccess now fails to start. I
> am running Redhat 5.0, and have built all of Postgre from scratch. I am
> getting the following error with pgaccess 0.82.
>
> Error in startup script: couldn't load file "libpgtcl.so":
> /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.so: undefined symbol: crypt
> while executing
> "load libpgtcl.so"
> (procedure "main" line 3)
> invoked from within

I think that you didn't compile /src/interfaces/libpgtcl

I have RedHat 4.2 installed and I have copied (manual) libpgtcl.so and
libpq.so into /lib. It might work.
It also wight be possible that under RedHat 5.0 some libraries have been
changed. I will try it on another RedHat 5.0 system

--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA