Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.3 issues

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.3 issues
Date: 1998-02-25 17:25:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Here are the open issues. IMHO, none of these are show-stoppers.

> Self-join optimizer performance problem
> Get interfaces fixed for new protocol
> Profiling improvements?
> Problem with tables >2Gb, add elog()?
> Do we want to add timestamps to elog messages?
> ScanKeyData missing initializations
> Alpha/64-bit issues, mkoidname() problem
> large objects memory exhaustion
> Commit sgml document sources(Thomas)
> Commit html documents(Thomas)
> Commit postscript documents(Thomas)

I would like the new docs to be considered "show stoppers", but expect that
they will be committed before March. That is 3 days away and I have completed
the tutorial and user's guide packages. Just need to redraw one of the other
figures (1 hour?) and then massage the programmer's guide and administrator's
guide (1-2 hours each), and then commit.

Hmm, I think that I will go ahead and put some of the products into the cvs
tree soon so folks can work out any installation problems. OK?

- Tom