Re: [HACKERS] VACUUM ANALYZE Problem

From: "Vadim B(dot) Mikheev" <vadim(at)sable(dot)krasnoyarsk(dot)su>
To: James Hughes <jamesh(at)interpath(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PgSQL Hackers <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, wieck(at)sapserv(dot)debis(dot)de
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] VACUUM ANALYZE Problem
Date: 1998-02-03 11:09:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

James Hughes wrote:

> After poking arround some more, I found that the "vacuum analyze" is
> causing problems with the "<" and ">" operators. The "> 0" in the SELECT
> for "/d <table>" and "/dS" commands in psql cause the error.
>
> I verified that any simple query using the "<" or ">" operators fail
> with the same message...
>
> ERROR: fmgr_info: function 0: cache lookup failed
>
> ...after using the "vacuum analyse" command.
> But, only after vacuuming any relation that was created and populated by
> me. Vacumming system catalogs poses no problems.

Well, I found that this problem was caused by selfuncs.c:gethilokey():

static ScanKeyData key[3] = {
{0, Anum_pg_statistic_starelid, F_OIDEQ},
{0, Anum_pg_statistic_staattnum, F_INT2EQ},
{0, Anum_pg_statistic_staop, F_OIDEQ}

: skankeys are hardcoded without call to ScanKeyEntryInitialize() =>
without initialization of sk_func.fn_oid required, I assume, by
new PL support code. Patch for this place follows...
One should check all places where ScanKeyData is used.
Jan, could you do this ?

(Oh, hell! I got this ERROR while testing subselect and spent so many time
to fix this problem...)

Vadim

Attachment Content-Type Size
FFF application/octet-stream 727 bytes