Re: [INTERFACES] Re: [QUESTIONS] Connect to Postgres with pure TCL

From: Paolo Cacciatori <paolo(at)nova(dot)it>
To: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
Cc: PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: [QUESTIONS] Connect to Postgres with pure TCL
Date: 1998-01-13 16:52:41
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Constantin Teodorescu wrote:

> Paolo Cacciatori wrote:
> >
> > In the meantime I've done some test with Tcl/Tk 8.0 and I was able
> > make a connection and send a simple query over it. The hard part is
> > extracting the data from the result.
> >
> > If you are interested I can send the rude code of my test, but I'm
> > working with Tcl only from a week ....
>
> Yes please. It would be perfect.
> Any information how the result is composed ? Fixed length, variable
> delimited with some special character ?

The code is on another computer, I will send it later by email.

The only info about the structure of the result are from the code of
libpg (in the file fe-exec.c). A better documentation would help, but I
don't know if it exists.

PS Your pgaccess is very useful for me, thanks for it.

Paolo Cacciatori paolo(at)plavis(dot)com