Re: [HACKERS] DefaultHost

From: Edmund Mergl <E(dot)Mergl(at)bawue(dot)de>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] DefaultHost
Date: 1998-01-10 20:01:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Jan 1998, Edmund Mergl wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > in the current snapshot there is no default for PGHOST
> > in src/interfaces/libpq/fe-connect.c.
> > In 6.2 this was 'localhost', which is a reasonable default.
>
> Default operation now is 'Unix Domain Sockets'...PGHOST isn't a viable
> default. The only time that PGHOST is a viable default is if -i is issued to
> postmaster when started up...
>
> Marc G. Fournier
> Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> primary: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org secondary: scrappy(at){freebsd|postgresql}.org

sorry, but I still didn't get that. What do I have to do in order
to be able to connect to the backend running on the localhost
without setting PGHOST and without specifying the host in
PQconnectdb() ?

Edmund
--
Edmund Mergl mailto:E(dot)Mergl(at)bawue(dot)de
Im Haldenhau 9 http://www.bawue.de/~mergl