postgres 8.1.8 transaction ID wrapper around related problem

From: jing han <jing_han_66(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgres 8.1.8 transaction ID wrapper around related problem
Date: 2007-03-01 14:59:04
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

I have a transaction ID wrapper around related problem:

Does vacuum freeze only need to be done when initdb? is it a one time thing, only do it once??? no more??

in my system, when I use

select datname, age(datfrozenxid) from pg_database;

I get the following data:

datname age
postgres 2075973034
netman 2117293144
template1 1795797763
template0 2075973034

I'm worried about the age for template0, I would think when initdb, template0 has already been vacuum freezed,
the datallowconn for template0 is set to false, we cannot connect template0. If the age for template0 keep going up,
will it meet transaction ID wrapper around problem??? Is one more vacuum freeze on template0 needed???

jing

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html