Re: Getting better results from valgrind leak tracking

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Getting better results from valgrind leak tracking
Date: 2021-03-17 03:23:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Hm. For me the number of leaks seem to stay the same with or without
> your changes related to this. Is this a USE_VALGRIND build?

Not sure how you arrived at that answer. I attach two logs of individual
backends running with

--leak-check=full --track-origins=yes --read-var-info=yes --error-exitcode=0

The test scenario in both cases was just start up, run "select 2+2;",
quit. The first one is before I'd made any of the changes shown
before, the second is after.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
initialrun.log text/plain 142.3 KB