Re: Many "loaded library" logs by preload libraries

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Many "loaded library" logs by preload libraries
Date: 2009-01-05 03:05:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> writes:
> If we set shared_preload_libraries or local_preload_libraries to
> load some modules, "loaded library" messages are logged in server
> log every new connections and autovacuum workers.
> LOG: loaded library "pg_stat_statements"

Yeah, I was noticing that myself while testing pg_stat_statements.
I agree that we should fix it to reduce the message level for reloads
occurring in child processes. I'd suggest using DEBUG2 if
(IsUnderPostmaster && process_shared_preload_libraries_in_progress).
I'm not so enthused about eliminating messaging for
local_preload_libraries, though.