Re: Parallel Seq Scan

From: Antonin Houska <ah(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Parallel Seq Scan
Date: 2015-07-15 08:44:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Attached, find the rebased version of patch.

[I haven't read this thread so far, sorry for possibly redundant comment.]

I noticed that false is passed for required_outer agrument of
create_partialseqscan_path(), while NULL seems to be cleaner in terms of C
language.

But in terms of semantics, I'm not sure this is correct anyway. Why does
create_parallelscan_paths() not accept the actual rel->lateral_relids, just
like create_seqscan_path() does? (See set_plain_rel_pathlist().) If there's
reason for your approach, I think it's worth a comment.

BTW, emacs shows whitespace on otherwise empty line parallelpath.c:57.

--
Antonin Houska
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH