psql-odbc setup

From: "Fatima M(dot)Farag" <ffarag(at)cpsc(dot)ucalgary(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql-odbc setup
Date: 2006-07-22 23:19:00
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I already installed postgresql under linux without using the --with-odbc
command.
I have downloaded the source of the postgres odbc driver from the
following link,
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/src/

However, i get exited during compilation in the following way:

----------------------
..
..
checking for long long... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
checking for pg_config... no
configure: error: pg_config not found
[ffarag(at)adb ~/psqlodbc-08.01.0200]$
This "pg_config" file is supposed to be located under the "bin" folder in
the installed postgresql main distribution.
I dont know where to proceed from...i dont know where am i supposed to
direct my installation of the odbc driver.

I am new to linux as well as postgresql.

So, could you please help..

Fatima