Re: pg_dump output containing CREATE TYPE does not restore with psql

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Harry Hehl" <Harry(dot)Hehl(at)diskstream(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump output containing CREATE TYPE does not restore with psql
Date: 2006-09-20 15:12:19
Lists: pgsql-general

"Harry Hehl" <Harry(dot)Hehl(at)diskstream(dot)com> writes:
> The restore fails with:

> psql:x:384: ERROR: foreign key constraint "accepttaskevent" cannot be
> implemented
> DETAIL: Key columns "accepttaskevent" and "objectid" are of
> incompatible types: public.ds_uuid and public.ds_uuid.

This seems to be a variant of the problem discussed here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-02/msg00284.php

I thought we had fixed it in 8.1.3, but apparently there's another
problem behind that one :-(. Your best short-term answer may be to
create the uuid type and its operators in the pg_catalog schema.