Re: Database replication.

From: "Rodrigo Campos" <rodrigocc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dominik Żyła <dominik(dot)zyla(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database replication.
Date: 2007-04-15 19:29:47
Lists: pgsql-admin

On 4/6/07, Dominik Żyła <dominik(dot)zyla(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi!
> I need to make database synchronization. I know slone-i to deal with it, but
> I need real time replication, without any trigers with db structure setup.
> Can someone recommend me some alternative for slone-i? It can be some
> commercial stuff too.

You could use drbd and drbdlinks to achive this. Drbd it's like raid1
over tcp/ip, so if you put your "/var/lib/postgresql" into the drbd
partition, it would be replicated to the other machine, and so your
database.
Here is a howto[1] doing this, but test and tweak for permormance

[1] http://people.equars.com/2007/3/16/postgresql-drbdlinks-heartbeat-on-debian

> Thanks a lot.

Your are welcome, hope it was useful :)

Rodrigo