State Farm Career Opportunity – Systems Analyst
Significant PostgreSQL experience needed!
Consideration for this job requires candidates to apply to our online application at www.statefarm.com/careers<http://www.statefarm.com/careers> using the job code #31325.
Why State Farm®:
Our commitment to customers makes us the No. 1 insurer of cars and homes in the United States and an insurance leader in Canada.
This same commitment to our work force is how we got here and how we stay here. Our 90-year track record highlights State Farm as an employer of choice committed to providing career opportunities that last a lifetime.
From diverse backgrounds and talent, to meaningful work and comprehensive benefits, "Like a good neighbor..." isn't just a slogan. It's who we are and how we do business.
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION:
• Analyze the systems requirements, and the provided business requirements, to develop a systems solution
• Build new and/or modify existing software to meet business and systems requirements through software component designing, coding, testing, and quality review
• Develop technical specifications
• Implement software solutions and resolve problems
• Provide system software support for applications and components
WHAT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ARE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION:
• Technical knowledge and skills applicable to assigned area
• Problem solver
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to translate highly technical information for non-technical customers
• Ability to work within a team environment
• Ability to manage multiple projects
Business Application Frameworks (BAF) is a data intensive area providing support for an application architecture designed to accelerate web application development for Insurance and Financial products in any channel and on any device. Attaining a resource that has expertise in transactional management and experience with Postgres as well as strong mentoring skills, will help promote appropriate data design and access to provide a better customer experience.
Looking for a level 3/4 Systems Analyst that has extensive experience with:
- EnterpriseDB (PostgreSQL) database design and support
- Transactional Design experience
- Performance Tuning experience for High volume applications
- Experience managing large data sets
- Mentoring and Training experience
- Service Oriented Architecture
DB2 experience is desired but not required.
BENEFITS: TOTAL REWARDS
Our Total Rewards benefits package includes:
• Competitive starting salary
• Annual merit reviews
• Annual bonus potential
You may also be eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, Vision, 401(k) Plan (Savings & Thrift in Canada), Credit Union, a fully funded retirement pension plan, and more.
To search for more information on careers in the U.S., visit statefarm.com/careers. To search for more information on careers in Canada, visit statefarm.ca/careers. State Farm Insurance is an equal opportunity employer.
Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.
Kevin Schwoerer, Recruiter
State Farm Enterprise Recruiting
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Kevin Schwoerer||Date: 2012-05-09 16:19:04|
|Subject: State Farm Career Opportunity - Data Specialist/Database
|Previous:||From: Bruce Momjian||Date: 2012-05-03 23:50:50|
|Subject: Re: are we registered with you?|