Re: [Proposal] Global temporary tables

From: 曾文旌(义从) <wenjing(dot)zwj(at)alibaba-inc(dot)com>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "Konstantin Knizhnik" <k(dot)knizhnik(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "PostgreSQL Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, 蔡松露(子嘉) <zijia(at)taobao(dot)com>, Cai, Le <le(dot)cai(at)alibaba-inc(dot)com>, 萧少聪(铁庵) <shaocong(dot)xsc(at)alibaba-inc(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [Proposal] Global temporary tables
Date: 2020-01-06 05:04:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

In the previous communication

1 we agreed on the general direction
1.1 gtt use local (private) buffer
1.2 no replica access in first version

2 We feel that gtt needs to maintain statistics, but there is no agreement on what it will be done.

3 Still no one commented on GTT's transaction information processing, they include
3.1 Should gtt's frozenxid need to be care?
3.2 gtt’s clog clean
3.3 How to deal with "too old" gtt data

I suggest we discuss further, reach an agreement, and merge the two patches to one.

Wenjing