Re: New function pg_stat_statements_reset_query() to reset statistics of a specific query

From: Sergei Kornilov <sk(at)zsrv(dot)org>
To: Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ashutosh Sharma <ashu(dot)coek88(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Euler Taveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com(dot)br>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New function pg_stat_statements_reset_query() to reset statistics of a specific query
Date: 2018-06-29 08:14:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello
Thank you for update

It may be better to use NULL as the default value at sql level.

> ereport(LOG, (errmsg("userid %u, dbid %u, queryid %ld does not exist", userid, dbid, queryid)));
I think LOG level is not useful here. In common case this is server log only. How about WARNING? Or just ignore. Want remove row? Here is no such row anymore, all fine.
Also we can return num_remove instead of void. I think this is even better. But this break backward compatibility and we need something like pg_stat_statements_reset_1_6

> By default, this function can only be executed by superusers.
Can you also update this phrase in pg_stat_statements_reset documentation? Beginning from 1.5 version this is not true, reset can be used by any user with pg_read_all_stats role.

regards, Sergei