Re: Inserting a record into another table ... inside a

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Inserting a record into another table ... inside a
Date: 2005-05-05 18:33:39
Lists: pgsql-general

On May 5, 2005, at 11:27 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:

> Pardon my ignorance, but why wouldn't it work to specify the schema
> with
> the table; e.g., update myschema.table1?

Sure. I actually started to write that, but then assumed this would be
known by anyone who created 300 schemas :).

It is certainly my preference over worrying about the search_path. But
if you are working in 300 schemas with the same structure I suspect you
are looking for ways to simplify the code without using fully qualified
tables.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL