Re: Need some info.

To: "Suresh Gupta VG" <suresh(dot)g(at)zensar(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need some info.
Date: 2008-01-13 22:13:40
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi ,

Before you do any thing like upgrade backup is the mantra

- in plain sql format
- File system base ( remember to shutdown postgresql before taking
backup)
- pg_dump

Queries :-

> 1) Can we do rollback if required after complete installation??

Yes you would be able to, make sure you overwrite all binaries of old
PostgreSQL when upgrade , in case of rollback simply compile and overwrite
binary.

3) If we do the installation in the other directory which doesn't
> contain old version. Does it solve our problem

Yes that may help this way you may not have to do the file system backup.

--
Regards,
Vishal Kashyap.