Remove last traces of HPPA support

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Remove last traces of HPPA support
Date: 2023-10-19 15:16:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

We removed support for the HP-UX OS in v16, but left in support
for the PA-RISC architecture, mainly because I thought that its
spinlock mechanism is weird enough to be a good stress test
for our spinlock infrastructure. It still is that, but my
one remaining HPPA machine has gone to the great recycle heap
in the sky. There seems little point in keeping around nominal
support for an architecture that we can't test and no one is
using anymore.

Hence, the attached removes the remaining support for HPPA.
Any objections?

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-remove-hppa-architecture-support.patch text/x-diff 8.3 KB