Re: Parallel Append subplan order instability on aye-aye

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Parallel Append subplan order instability on aye-aye
Date: 2019-05-21 14:39:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
> I did add the following query just before the failing one and included
> the expected output from below. The tests pass for me in make check
> and the post-upgrade test passes in make check-world too. I guess we
> could commit that and see if it fails along with the other mentioned
> failure.

I'm thinking this is a good idea, although I think we could be more
aggressive about the data collected, as attached. Since all of these
ought to be single-page tables, the relpages and reltuples counts
should be machine-independent. In theory anyway.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
investigate-a_star-failures.patch text/x-diff 2.5 KB