Re: Why does app fail?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Paul Simpson" <Paul(dot)Simpson(at)spgs(dot)org>
Cc: "<" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Why does app fail?
Date: 2004-02-25 14:57:37
Lists: pgsql-general

"Paul Simpson" <Paul(dot)Simpson(at)spgs(dot)org> writes:
> I accept the back-end converts them. What I'm saying is could I not re-comp
> ile the back-end to make it convert to upper case instead?

If that were a simple change, somebody would have done it before you.
(Hint: the problem is not in changing a few lines in the lexer, it's in
fixing everything else that will break.)

What might be easier is to hack the ODBC driver so that those
system-catalog queries it issues are case-insensitive --- for instance,
use "ilike" in place of "like". I am not certain that would fix your
problem completely, but it'd be worth trying.