Re: File based Incremental backup v9

From: Francesco Canovai <francesco(dot)canovai(at)2ndquadrant(dot)it>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: File based Incremental backup v9
Date: 2015-02-05 11:23:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Marco,

On Sunday 01 February 2015 00:47:24 Marco Nenciarini wrote:
> You can find the updated patch attached to this message.

I've been testing the v9 patch with checksums enabled and I end up with a lot
of warnings like these ones:

WARNING: page verification failed, calculated checksum 47340 but expected
47342
WARNING: page verification failed, calculated checksum 16649 but expected
16647
WARNING: page verification failed, calculated checksum 13567 but expected
13565
WARNING: page verification failed, calculated checksum 14110 but expected
14108
WARNING: page verification failed, calculated checksum 40990 but expected
40988
WARNING: page verification failed, calculated checksum 46242 but expected
46244

I can reproduce the problem with the following script:

WORKDIR=/home/fcanovai/tmp
psql -c "CREATE DATABASE pgbench"
pgbench -i -s 100 --foreign-keys pgbench
mkdir $WORKDIR/tbsp
psql -c "CREATE TABLESPACE tbsp LOCATION '$WORKDIR/tbsp'"
psql -c "ALTER DATABASE pgbench SET TABLESPACE tbsp"

Regards,
Francesco

--
Francesco Canovai - 2ndQuadrant Italy