From: bernd(dot)lentes(at)arcor(dot)de
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2004-12-22 12:47:00
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hello to everyone,

I'm new to postgres-SQL. I have to admin a working solution with postgres-SQL and cygwin unter Windows 2000. I have cygwin dll version 1.3.17 and postgres 7.2.3-2 (output from cygcheck -s). From the command-line i created a new user for postgres with createuser. I see this user in the systemtables pg_shadow and pg_user. If i want to give that user ALL PRIVILEGES on a certain database, i get an error:

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE bestellung TO SYSTEM;

Error: parser: parse error at or near "bestellung"

Then i tried to put that user in a certain group (that this user has more rights, i thought):

ALTER GROUP dbadmin ADD USER SYSTEM;

Error: user "system" does not exist

I created the user SYSTEM with big characters, this is necessary in this case. The group dbadmin exists and is visible in pg_group.

Anyone has an idea ?
I'm new to postgres and cygwin.

Thanks a lot, and nice christmas.

Bernd

Arcor-DSL: die echte Flatrate für alle Bandbreiten. Jetzt ohne Einrichtungspreis
einsteigen oder wechseln. Arcor-DSL ist in vielen Anschlussgebieten verfügbar.
http://www.arcor.de/home/redir.php/emf-dsl-1