Re: Time to start the PR machine

From: Mitch Pirtle <mitch(dot)pirtle(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Christopher Petrilli <petrilli(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Time to start the PR machine
Date: 2005-09-30 15:10:55
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 9/30/05, Christopher Petrilli <petrilli(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Beat the drum. Don't attack (that's my job :-), but make it clear that
> not only is PostgreSQL "free" (as in beer) it's "business friendly."

I agree with this sentiment completely. There is a great amount of
confusion and debate about the GPL and it's implications on business.
PostgreSQL being released under the BSD should be a huge
differentiating factor, and should be a prominent attribute in press
releases.

This is a good thing, and there is no need to take shots at the GPL,
you should be able to stand up and say "There's no questions with the
BSD!" You can use the GPL uncertainty to your advantage, and educate
the business community at the same time.

My $0.02.

-- Mitch