Re: turning of pg_xlog

From: "Plugge, Joe R(dot)" <JRPlugge(at)west(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Chander Ganesan" <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>
Cc: "Jonny" <blubb(at)terminalschmiede(dot)de>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: turning of pg_xlog
Date: 2008-09-30 18:49:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

I might have to disagree here. I personally experienced a scenario
where I had 500 MB of file space defined for my WAL log files and then
attempted (not thinking it through thoroughly) to perform a COPY of a
very large (1.8 GB) dataset and kept adding WAL files until my file
system filled up and then the instance crashed.