ODBC connect in ERWin

From: Niral Trivedi <niral(dot)trivedi(at)insage(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC connect in ERWin
Date: 2001-01-12 22:58:11
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

All,

Yesterday, I have seen some postings regarding connecting to Remote
PostgreSQL DB using ERWin. And I am having similar question here.

We have PostgreSQL DB on UNIX box. And it is running fine without any
problem. Now, I have ERWin and PostgreSQL ODBC driver from Insight Dist
installed on my local WinNT machine.

Now, I have created a sample reverse engineered an access DB using ERWin.
But When I am trying to forward engineer that to my Remote PostgreSQL db I
am getting ODBC error saying:
'Could not connect to the Server'
'Could not connect to remote socket'

Now, I have already added 'host' line in 'pg_hba.conf' file to give access
to the db from my machine as follows:

host niral MY_IP_ADDR MASKING_ADDR password
test_niral_users.dat

I have also checked out the 'greatbridge.com' site but couldn't find any
solutions.

So, if anybody has any idea, please help me..

Thanks in advance...

Niral