Starting server on OpenBSD, IE7 fix for forms

From: Hidvégi Gábor <gaborca(at)webvision(dot)hu>
To: <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Starting server on OpenBSD, IE7 fix for forms
Date: 2012-06-02 14:46:38
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hello,

1,
I've been playing with PostgreSQL on OpenBSD (5.1), and I found the startup
script described on
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/server-start.html not
working, "su" is complaining about the login class. So after a bit of
experimenting my working startup script looks like this:

if [ -x /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl -a -x /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres ];
then
su - postgres -c '/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
start -l /var/postgres/log -s'
echo 'postgresql'
fi

It should be placed into /etc/rc.local as usually.

2,
I use Internet Explorer 7, but PostgreSQL website form inputs look too
narrow on this browser. You can easily fix it by adding the following lines
to /media/css/iefixes.css:

/*Win IE7 fix */
*:first-child+html TABLE.pgGenericFormTable TR TD INPUT,
*:first-child+html TABLE.pgGenericFormTable TR TD SELECT,
*:first-child+html TABLE.pgGenericFormTable TR TD TEXTAREA,
*:first-child+html TABLE.pgGenericFormTable TR TD DIV.markdownpreview {
width: auto;
}
/*End Win IE7 fix*/

Gábor Hidvégi