Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Sync tzload() and tzparse() APIs with IANA release tzcode2016c.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Sync tzload() and tzparse() APIs with IANA release tzcode2016c.
Date: 2016-03-29 03:21:54
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Buildfarm-not-being-happy-status: woodloose, mastodon, thrips, jacana.
> http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=woodlouse&dt=2016-03-29%2000%3A42%3A08
> The origin of the problem is that, which prevents all the subsequent
> queries to fail:
> SET TimeZone to 'UTC';
> + ERROR: invalid value for parameter "TimeZone": "UTC"

Yeah. I've been staring at that for awhile, but it's not clear where
the problem is. There are a bunch of other SET TIME ZONE commands in
the regression tests, how is it that this trivial case fails on the
Windows critters?

Probably the first thing to eliminate is whether it's zic that is
messing up (and writing a bad zone file) or the backend. Can someone
compare the $INSTALLDIR/share/timezone/UTC files between a working
build and a failing one? They should be bitwise identical (but note
I'm not expecting them to be identical to files from before the tzcode
merge commit).