7.4 and Pygresql

From: "Arthur Ward" <award-postgresql(at)dominionsciences(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 7.4 and Pygresql
Date: 2003-12-04 03:17:01
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I'm confused: Pygresql (the Python interface to Pg) was pulled from the
7.4 sources to be moved to its own project area. But, www.pygresql.org
carries a woefully out of date version of pgdb.py: it has the "ERROR:
column "typprtlen" does not exist" problem which has been fixed a few
times already, as far as I can see in the mailing list archives.
Additionally, the last updates on that site talk about the merging of
Pygresql _in_ to the Postgres sources a few years ago.

Where is Pygresql, really? Do I need to go back to the 7.3.4 (or
to-be-released-shortly 7.3.5) sources and pull it out from there? IMO,
this is quite an abominable situation for Python support; it shouldn't
have been pulled from the Postgres source tree if that really was the only
source for a current, usable version of the interface.