Re: Remove obsolete maven-ant-tasks

From: Pavel Raiskup <praiskup(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, Jozef Mlich <jmlich(at)redhat(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Remove obsolete maven-ant-tasks
Date: 2015-03-24 08:06:56
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

ello Dave,

On Monday 23 of March 2015 12:59:49 Dave Cramer wrote:
> Why do you need to recompile it ?

Thats Fedora/RHEL policy, to provide complete sources (to read the source
or to re-compile). Maven-ant-tasks is probably just a build-time
dependency, but its similar.

> I think we have a lot more dependencies on maven ant tasks than just
> that one.

We successfully built pgjdbc without maven-ant-task, up to the 9.4-1200
and, as a one of the first actions, our build scripts remove binaries from
pgjdbc tarball since 2006. But this may not be the same situation for
non-linux platforms.. I'm not java hacker, neither I analyzed the problem
carefully yet.. so thats everything I am able to say atm, sorry.

Thanks, Pavel