Re: cataloguing NOT NULL constraints

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cataloguing NOT NULL constraints
Date: 2023-04-07 21:46:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 2023-04-07 23:11:55 +0200, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Ah, cool, no worries. I would have stopped indeed, but I had to stay
>> around in case of any test failures.

> Looks like there's work for you if you want ;)
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=rhinoceros&dt=2023-04-07%2018%3A52%3A13

> But IMO fixing sepgsql can easily wait till tomorrow.

I can deal with that one -- it's a bit annoying to work with sepgsql
if you're not on a Red Hat platform.

After quickly eyeing the diffs, I'm just going to take the new output
as good. I'm not surprised that there are additional output messages
given the additional catalog entries this made. I *am* a bit surprised
that some messages seem to have disappeared --- are there places where
this resulted in fewer catalog accesses than before? Nonetheless,
there's no good reason to assume this test is exposing any bugs.