Re: POC: converting Lists into arrays

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: POC: converting Lists into arrays
Date: 2019-08-01 00:25:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> BTW, I think we could make equivalent macros in the old regime,
> which would be a good thing because then it would be possible to
> back-patch code using this notation.

Oh, wait-a-second. I was envisioning that

for (ListCell *anonymous__lc = ...)

would work for that, but of course that requires C99, so we could
only put it into v12.

But that might still be worth doing. It'd mean that the backpatchability
of this notation is the same as that of "for (int x = ...)", which
seems worth something.